Please find enclosed details of the ‘Supporting Youth Participation’ in Finglas Workshop which is taking place on Tuesday 25th September at 7pm in Dublin City Council offices as part of Finglas Community Safety Week.
If you have any queries regarding this event, please contact Mr Tim Stewart, Tel: 08 602 47083.
A workshop facilitated by ‘The Barnardos Amplifying Voices Initiative’
Exploring the roles adults, agencies and community representatives play in supporting youth participation.
· Are young people interested in our community?
· Are young people responsible for the issues affecting our community?
· How do we get young people more involved in the conversations that are taking place in our community?
· Where do young people go to be heard in our community?
· Are young people part of the solution to some of the community issues?
Come along to this workshop and explore how we can all play a role in making Finglas a place where both young and older people work together to identify issues and affect positive change.
The Barnardos Amplifying Voices Initiative is a community based project for 10 – 15yr olds. It is for young people living in or accessing services across all areas of Finglas. It aims to support young people to explore matters that are important to them, express their views and to work in partnership with decision makers to create positive change or influence the decisions on those issues. Amplifying Voices will work in partnership with existing local services to support young people in finding and using their voice to be change makers in their community.